Table of Contents
Origins of SARS-CoV-2
- DRASTIC (informal research group investigating SARS-CoV-2 origins)
Meta-Commentary on Origins Theories and Controversies
- February 16, 2021, “Why China and the WHO Will Never Find a Zoonotic Origin For the COVID-19 Pandemic Virus” by Jonathan Latham, PhD and Allison Wilson, PhD.2)
- Apr 1, 2021 - Dan Serotka opines on quasispecies mutant swarms.3)
- May 2, 2021 (Nicholas Wade) Commentary on theories
- Aug 17, 2021 (thebulletin) How C19’s origins were obscured, by East and West.
Engineering Consensus of a Narrative
- May 23, 2021 (judithcurry) Collapse of the fake consensus on C19 origins
- Anderson emailed Fauci on Jan 31, Fauci responded Feb 1; and the draft of the Natural Origins paper was complete on Feb 1.
- June 6, 2021 (Alex Berenson) Anderson told Fauci SC2 looked engineered, then later that day publicly said the opposite!
- Aug 11, 2021 (usrtk) Scientist who authored article denying lab engineering privately acknowledged possible lab origin.
- Shan-Lu Liu (Ohio State)
Australian virologist Dr. Edward Holmes was targeted for congressional investigation for allegedly covering up evidence regarding the origins of SARS-CoV-2.6)
The Missing Coronavirus Genetic Database
On the 12th Sep 2019, the main database administered by Shi Zhengli of samples and viral sequences at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) went offline. At some point, each of the other 15 virus databases managed by the WIV was taken offline.7)
NIH Deletes Genomic Data?
A FOIA filed by the Virginia group Empower Oversight Whistleblowers and Researchers revealed that on June 16, 2020, the NIH deleted genetic sequencing data from Wuhan at the behest of a Wuhan researcher. From those documents: “Professor Trevor Bedford of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center later sent the group an email stating that the deleted data seemed to support the idea that the pandemic began outside the Huanan market in Wuhan and that the matter must be analyzed properly.”8)
In April 2022, an NIH spokesperson stated that the data was “suppressed”, but not deleted.9)
Rearrangement of Wuhan Data
- Mar 5, 2022 - Charles Rixey contests data from Worobey paper studying Wuhan outbreak.10)
Investigations in the Origins of SARS-CoV-2
This section may also include, or even be dominated by “investigations” that were meant to deceive rather than reveal information.
- The NIH continues to withhold critical documents that could shed light on the origin of the coronavirus pandemic.12)
Note that some of these hypotheses are not mutually exclusive.
Earlier Circulation Hypothesis
- December 20, 2021 - Evidence for a Potential Pre-Pandemic SARS-like Coronavirus Among Animals in North America13)
Not China Hypothesis
The coronavirus may not have originated in China, says Oxford professor.14)