Attended the University of Pennsylvania before transferring and receiving a B.S. in Biology from University of California, Santa Cruz in 1993.
PhD University of Michigan 2009
Self Identifies on Social Media as: DarkHorse Podcast. Professor in Exile. Evolutionary Trade-Offs. Telomeres. Emoticons imply irony. Reluctant Radical. Game~B/Fourth Frontier—Hard To Silence
- In 2017, resigned as a Professor at Evergreen State College amidst controversy when he stood up against a campus program that asked white people not to come to campus on a certain day. He filed a lawsuit against the university and reached a settlement.
- Evolutionary Biologist
- Believed that the SARS-CoV2 could have originated from the Wuhan Virology Lab in China, when most considered that a conspiracy theory.
- Questioned the SARS-CoV2 pandemic response of government and public health authorities from first scientific principles (i.e. what justification do we have to support xyz policy).
- Open minded
- Free speech advocate
- Promoter of ivermectin. Took ivermectin on-air in June of 2021.
- Promoter of early treatment for Covid-19.
- See Darkhorse Podcast for key episodes.
- brother of Eric Weinstein
- political progressive / left libertarian
- part of the “Intellectual Dark Web”